Be Ready to respond to life-threatening medical emergencies
What you’ll learn:
The statistics for workplace and home injuries and deaths are alarming.
An incident can happen anywhere and to anyone.
Having someone in your workplace or home that is trained in first aid to deliver initial emergency procedures until EMS arrives can be the difference between life and death.
Did you know?
- At work, injuries and illnesses kill about 2.2 million people in the world each year.
- Unintentional injury is the leading cause of death in the U.S. for individuals younger than 44 years of age.
- On average, 15 workers die each day in the U.S. from traumatic injuries.
- More than 4 million workers suffer a nonfatal injury or illness each year.
- In the U.S. about 1/3 of all injuries occur at home.
- In the U.S. about 20% of injury deaths occur at home.
- For every home injury death there are about 650 nonfatal home injuries.
Are you and your employees ready to respond in an emergency? How prepared are you to respond to an emergency? At the Orange County Beach Cities Aikido Foundation, our mission is to educate and bring awareness to potential life situations for safety and well-being. Sign up for OCBCAF First Aid and CPR workshops and be a healthcare hero in your community.
If you are unable to make it to the scheduled workshops, please join our newsletter so we can get you updated with future workshops as they are released. Interested in sponsoring our First Aid – CPR Workshops program, please contact us for details to help grow our efforts to create more awareness for these life-saving skills.
Instructor: Michael Chase, RN
Interested in learning more?
Call the dojo at 949-553-0160.